If you want the print ready package
Today it was father’s day and I wanted to make something special for my dad.
Back in the 80’s my dad got the Oric II and he still got it (and operational).
It was also my first computer, so after some searching I found a Oric 1 model that I could use for this.
Load that model in to ThinkerCad and a Raspberry Pi zero model, just for size’s.
If you want to tinker more:
Added retropie installed the Oric emulator and added the roms.
Download link: Oric Atoms. (oops include the psd.. systembackground.png is a psd)
Location of the themes: /etc/emulationstation/themes/(nes-mini)
My dad/mom loved The Oric 1 mini 😀
This site Dreamcast.online kicks Ass 😀
It’s a nice add-on for DreamPi users:
No image, live stats Baby! Scroll down if you dare! (iframes <3 )
Finished my DreamPI project:
The modem fits nice in to the case 😀 , and works perfect!
Max Players: 8
Features: Multiplayer, Leaderboards
Hosted by: Shuouma
Max Players: 4
Features: Email Challenge
Hosted by: N/A
San Francisco Rush 2049
Max Players: N/A
Features: Leaderboards, DLC
Hosted by: DreamPipe
Good for debugging errors:
sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
Had some trouble getting Dreampi working so I checkt the syslog:
After this log I connect the power to my line inducer when i connect it before it’s started dreampi crashes because it cant find the modem.
Now my dreamcast is almost ready for 2019 😀 one more mod (Noctua NF-A4x10) already printed the fan duc.
Don’t forget to CHANGE your Pi’s password, DMZ will make your Pi attractive to bad people….
Some game info:
I Did some Rom Modding.. (again) 😀
Found this Rom made by Kaze Emanuar (Download)
Like the concept of it, but it was laking some extra textures..
So I added some more 2 make it more Bowsette like…
Still work in progress no release plannend for now.
So there is now Download link for now.
Did also some text editing changed Mario in to Bowsette.
Just started N64 Rom modding so still checking out the tools and most of them don’t work on OSX. (10.14.5)
Found a few that run well under playonmac.
Got bored and made a nice box art for it:
Credits for the nice background Pixiltales..
Needed for my Retropie 😀
New weekend project that I made:
Last year I a got a NES case of a co-worker, I did’t know what to do with it, until now…
After seeing the second picture above I got inspired to make a new RetroPie console.
Needed to be RFID and controller…
Left the NES case and the semi setup Right a working setup only no working code at that point.
Even the RFID would’t read the cards because of the SPI-PY its sort of broken.
git clone https://github.com/lthiery/SPI-Py.git
git checkout 8cce26b9ee6e69eb041e9d5665944b88688fca68
sudo python setup.py install
If you do that! Then and only then, you can get the RFID-RC533 working under latest Jessy or RetroPie latest build.
Then you can install the MFRC522 Library and start reading some card data.
To get it working the way I wanted was a pain in the @ss. There is some info on runcommand:
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh','0', '_SYS_', 'gb', '/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Tetris (JUE) (V1.0) [!].gb'
But no info on Scummvm and i wanted to launch Monkey Island 1 SE talkie version I made back in the day.
When the Talkie Mod came out.. Been looking for a console that could play those 2 new Talkie versions.
And ScummVM is vers 2.0 on Raspberry so it would work.
Here is a Video showing off how it works and change between Monkey Island and EmulationStation.
More detailed view of how it works: Look at the LED LOL
Some close up photo’s
Made also new printed USB controller ports:
How to Script it?
I made 2 bash scripts and 1 pyton script (reworked its the RFID reader):
The Time.sleep(15) needs to be removed to boot the game quicker but left it in because want to try loading splach screen or something. The Led is to indicate if the game is stopt or not. Then it will boot EmulationStation again.
The python program stops but is been rebooted with EmulationStation.
The bash scripts:
And for the skin i used the NES-Mini theme.
But it was missing 2 themes, i used ScummVM and the Oric emulator on my Pi.
So i made them download link below:
Download link: ScummVM.
Oric Atmos :
Download link: Oric Atoms.
(cartridges and RFID tag)
Things to do:
Mount RFID on top case, make everything more durable.
Optimise the code, use some sort of database to use more UID’s and game titles.
Get more RFID tag’s, print more modes of old games… (open source Amiibo’s)
Sources needed to make this happen:
Few weeks ago I installed Dream Pi on one of my Raspberry Pi’s.
After that I could enjoy the Online interner of 1999 😀
There is also a nice site that keeps track of how is online: dreamcast.online/now
But I din’t have a good case for it so it was laying around.
So I wanted to try for my first print on my new Anycubic Photon a Dreamcast Shell that I found on Thingiverse.Just a Video of me trying to connect to DreamPi and Quake 3 DC servers
Quake is my go to game to test my connection…
There was room for the USB modem in the shell so i mod it in.
Only needed to extend the USB cable to make it work:
Made a design
Will not print in color gonna use crayons to fill in the text and logo’s
Print pix soon…
I recently got a Anycubic Photon.
And you can’t change your infill so you need to use hollow models;
when you don’t want to use a lot of resin.
So I have been playing in ThinkerCad again result:
The VMU is now hollow and loose buttons 😀
Maybe I can fit a smartwatch in there have a cheap 10 euro watch laying around.
But lets print it first 😀
Today I dumped my hole content of my PS4. (FTP)
As curious as I am started looking in to some files using good old text editor.
boot_stats.txt and Vshlog.0.txt where very funny to see for my ps4 because
I never used my PS4 that much and boot_stats gives a nice report of that.
VshLog.0.txt gives a more detailed over look on the boot times.
Very nice stats
First time I Rebooted my ps4 by VshLog.0.txt
Tue,15 Dec 2015 16:34:26 +0100 [SceSystemStateMgr] shutdown for reboot
Build shows up.
Tue,22 Dec 2015 04:52:26 +0100 [SceSystemStateMgr] Boot up (build#612804, EAP, BG_DAILY_CHECK)
Last entry of my vshlog:
Fri, 10 May 2019 07:36:22 +0200 [SceSystemStateMgr] Boot up (build#1007501, POWER_BUTTON)
I find it strange there is no real information on the file structure of the ps4.
Maybe i remember it wrong but the wiki on ps3 got a lot of more info on that then ps4..
Found a short list on PsdevWiki but they only show the Partitions on the ps4 side.
And the decrypted folders:
Only on for the removable media they cover the file structure a bit.
been exploring the file structure of the PS4 and there are a lot interesting things to look at.
The title_workaround.xml file got my attention…. but no info about this file.
there is also a title_workaround.env and there is also a little bit of info on this for ps4.
- Z80: this .env files are known from cca 3.55? imho
- no idea what is new in 4.70 because i don’t have code/dumps for that firmware, but each fw brings something new
psdevwiki Env File the title_workaround.env is encrypted
The PS4 requests a number of .env files from Sony servers, they use some form of encryption so I am uncertain as to what they contain.
Apparently the ps4 holds a lot of these .env files.
So its not only a PsN feature and something tells me these contain some keys and of course SCEI DNAS Root 01
also the suspend_blacklist_ps4 suspend_ng_list.xml looks interesting…
Links to check:
Recently I jailbroken my PS4 and now we gonna run Linux on it.
- A usb drive formatted in FAT32
- The initramfs (only (USB root))
- bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz (USB root)
- Gentoo beta V5 (Distro)
- psxitarch (Distro)
- PSXIarch v2 (Distro)
The installation is identical to the previous version, DO NOT use other bzimage, initramfs or linux loader! Take only those linked on this page!
ATTENTION: the USB device that you will use for the installation will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted!
IMPORTANT: for the moment the payload of the linux loader provided here is valid only for those on fw 5.05. Time permitting we will add those for the other fw.
- A USB device of at least 12GB (better if 3.0 and better still if ssd)
- Mouse (if you don’t have a mouse you can connect dualshock 4 and use the touchpad as a mouse but it’s not the maximum of comfort).
- A USB hub.
- initramfs.cpio.gz: Download! md5: 7c38ca9c4eaff335ef52cef398ab1278
- bzImage md5: Download! md5: 20fe8941f2238b35822ea61939f2393d
- psxitarch.tar.xz Download! md5: 8058d928b9a3f9532d55535e166789f7
- Format the usb device in FAT32 (NOT EXFAT!), The usb device must have only one partition and the partition table must be mbr (MS-DOS (FAT32)), if the installer does not recognize the usb device use this program for format it: Download!
- If you have connected the PSVR disconnect it, also remove the processor unit (PU), keep only the PS4 connected to the TV.
- Go to the ps4 audio / video settings and set the resolution to 1080p.
- Go to the system settings and disable Enable HDMI connection and Enable HDCP
- Copy the bzImage, intramfs.cpio.gz and psxitarch.tar.xz files to the root of the usb device.
- Connect the usb device in the ps4.
- Connect mouse and keyboard
- Open the web browser and visit this page https : //psxita.it/linux-loader to start the linux loader payload (the page can be kept in the cache if you want), for those who want to use the bin can take it from here: Download ! md5: d5e698431b577bb83638a06cdc0eaf33
- After a few seconds the ps4 should reboot, wait until rescueshell appears
- Write exec install-psxitarch.sh to start installing psxitarch linux
- Wait, you should see a long list of files that are copied to the usb, at the end (after about 25/30 minutes) the distro should start automatically. If it doesn’t start, type exec start-psxitarch.sh
The distro does not require you to enter a username and password but you will need it if you would like to obtain root permissions:
CHANGE VRAM SIZE
The default payload you find on the https : //psxita.it/linux-loader page sets the Vram to 2GB, if you want to set it to 3GB use this payload to start linux: https : //psxita.it/linux-loader-vram3 , if instead you want to set it to 1GB: https : //psxita.it/linux-loader-vram1
You can use the payload you prefer at any time but during the psxitarch installation NEVER use the vram3 payload.
NOTE: RAM and VRAM are a single block, so the more vrams assigned, the lower the RAM. Do your accounts.
KNOWN ISSUES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
- The distro should be compatible with all ps4 models but some monitors and TVs with strange resolutions could give problems and not display anything on screen, if you have the chance try another tv.
- Graphics acceleration on ps4 pro is not yet fully exploited.
- The internal HD per hour is detected only on the CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx models.
- Vulkan RADV drivers are not stable yet (it will surely improve with time) in certain emulators / games they could give problems or perform worse than opengl, while in other better ones (see dolphin-emu).
- The wifi and the bluetooth could in some cases crash (disappear), in the case reboot the PS4, if it still does not work disable the network and launch linux using the cache. NOTE: despite the fix on some versions of ps4 the wifi and / or the bt may not work, unfortunately we have not yet found a valid solution for all consoles.
- In rare cases, USB devices (mouse, keyboard, …) may not be detected, in case the console is restarted
- It could happen that after installation some items in the menu are missing, to correct the problem go to “Jwm Config” and select “Refresh Menu”.
We want to thank the people who have and continue to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4 (hoping not to forget anyone)
Valentinbreiz , shuffle2 , flatz , CelesteBlue
The testers, who put up with us all these days, thanks for the patience guys;)
Shim , antonwantstosleep , glitch, Astromatik, Anekcahap
And all the guys on the discrete channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
How to install linux and run Steam on Playstation 4
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage, and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write:
exec install-psxitarch.sh(the keyboard layout is set to the US, to write the dash you have to use the key‘
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation, the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if you do not start to write
(from the next restart the distro should start alone, you will not have to write anything)
On the login screen, enter your